How to Install Stainless Steel Farmhouse Sink – A Detailed Guide
When it comes to financing in a kitchen or bathroom you want pieces that will stand the test of time every time. A good quality farmhouse sink can unravel the strength, power, and durability to stand up against whatever you can throw their way.
Of course, the best quality sink needs the best way to install it. That’s why in this article we are going to give you a detailed guideline To Installing Stainless Steel Farmhouse Sink with other mandatory details.
Types of Farmhouse Sink Available on The Market
There are three basic types of materials used to make farmhouse sinks- metal, porcelain, and composite stone. Let’s take an in-depth look at the farmhouse sink materials:
1. Metal Farmhouse Sinks
There are different kinds of metals that are used to make sinks. Like:
2. Porcelain-enameled Sinks
There are two types of porcelain-enameled sinks. Such as:
3. Composite Stone Sinks
They are also called composite granite or composite quartz sink. There are lots of interesting and creative stone designs on the market which look exceptionally cool to look at. It’s a solid material all the way through. It is a man-made material that has some resin in it. So it might feel a bit plasticky.
Tools Mandatory for Farmhouse Sink Installation
The tools that you’ll need for installation are:
A Detailed Guideline on Farmhouse Sink Installation
Farmhouse sinks can be mounted in three different ways. Such as:
Top mount sinks are the easiest to install: There’s a ring that sits on the countertop just like a regular sink. They can be fitted on any type of countertop.
Flush mount sinks require sitting evenly with the top of the counter: They need a solid surface or custom-made laminate top.
Undermount sinks sit completely underneath the counter: They require a waterproof top that is custom cut for the sink and faucet.
1. Farmhouse sinks are heavy so they’re going to require some additional support
2. A countertop installer is going to measure your cabinets and sink first to create a custom top
3. Decide where your faucet, soap dispenser, or any other accessories might need a hole drilled on site
4. Premade cabinets work great for sink installation and it saves a lot of your time too
5. Before installing measure, the width of your cabinet, the distance from the top of the cabinet to the bottom of the drawer opening or screw hole to make sure it’s shorter than the apron
6. Also, estimate the gap from the top of the cabinet to the doors to make sure the apron wouldn’t interfere with the doors
7. If your sink is in the corner or the middle make sure that nearby doors, drawers, or dishwashers will clear the apron front
8. Before installation make sure the plumbing system is turned off, disconnect the plumbing, remove the disposal, remove the sink clips underneath, cut the sealant on top
9. Make sure all your plumbing matches the height of your sink
10. Measure and mark your PVC and cut it with a hacksaw or PVC cutter
11. Remove the burrs with sandpaper both inside and outside of the pipe fighting
12. For copper pipes and water, valves use push connect fittings, cut the copper pipes as necessary, and slide down the push connect fitting,
13. Make sure your cabinets are even and level
14. Take out the doors and drawers to make the process easy
15. Take some painters tape and mask the areas that are going to be cut to void damage
16. Cut the cabinet with a jigsaw or oscillating saw and sand the sides smooth
17. Make sure your sink top is even with the top of your cabinets so the countertops sit properly
18. Apply construction adhesive to the horizontal 2x4 supports, pull them in place and secure them with screws
19. Add several wooden vertical supports that will help extend the base of the cabinet
20. You might need an extra set of hands to set the sink and double-check the height
21. Now that you’ve successfully installed you are good to go!
Even something as ordinary as a Crazy Kitchen sink looks glamorous when it’s on display at the store. And the choices are endless. It can also look good in your kitchen if you purchase the perfect one that will complement your kitchen decor. That’s why in our article of How to Install Stainless Steel Farmhouse Sink, we tried to provide information from choosing the right sink to installing it so you can make the proper choice for your family.