Home Fires – What to Do, How to Prevent
Fire is the most disastrous thing that can happen to a home. Unlike other damages, water and mold, fire can spread quickly and change the dynamics of a house within seconds. If a fire starts in your home, truth be told, you have less than two minutes to escape it. Sounds scary right? However, early warning signs of fire can save your belongings, your home, and most importantly, your loved ones.
All Restored Inc is a specialist in fire and water damage restoration services. They have a team of trained and licensed technicians, each holding an IICRC certification, work with all insurance companies, which can make filing a claim easier, and offer 24/7 services, public holidays including.
They are one of the most prominent restoration service companies, which hold a track record of dispatching their fire crews in 15 minutes.
Tips from Best Home Fire Restoration Service Provider – All Restored Inc
Losing your home to a fire is definitely frightening. However, there are plenty of things you can do to prevent a fire from breaking in your house. Here’s what All Restored Inc experts suggest you do to keep everyone safe:
Regularly Maintain and Service Your Smoke Detectors
Change the batteries of your smoke detectors once a month or as frequently as it is required. Since it is a small object, we tend to forget about it entirely. But you must regularly get it serviced to prevent any accident. If they are not working, do not dilly-dally. Replace the systems immediately. The best way to keep a track of it is by scheduling regular maintenance with a good repair and service company.
Have a Check on Your Stove and Oven
Most fires start from the kitchen. The stoves, electrical appliances, and ovens make kitchen the most vulnerable place to catch fire. Therefore, the best way to prevent fire there is by putting everything flammable away from the gas oven or stove. For instance, there should not be any curtain hanging over, towels resting near, and book placed over the stovetop. You must also avoid spraying chemicals or room fresheners when the burner is on. Make sure to switch off the main gas valve before leaving the house or retiring for the night.
Regularly get your burners, stoves, and gas pipes checked to prevent gas leakage. Do not use any inflammable utensils to heat food.
Monitor Your Heating Sources
Furnaces, water heaters, and place heaters are common heating sources found in homes. Regardless of how often you use, you must get an annual inspection done to reduce the risk of fire. Change the filters of your furnace frequently to avoid dust buildup, keep your space heaters at least three feet away from anything inflammable, such as curtain or newspaper. Regularly get your water heaters that run on gas serviced. These small inspections will make a huge difference. Other electrical appliances that can spark fire if not treated properly include clothes dryer, vacuum cleaners, and automatic water motors.
Replace Damaged Electrical Cords
Whether it is as small as a mobile charger or as big as a washing machine, any frayed or damaged electric wire should be repaired or replaced immediately. Since electrical cords emit heat, do not trap them under carpets, rugs, in between furniture, or walls. If any appliance has heated up too much too soon, unplug it and get it checked. Do not use extension cords for a prolonged period, for under-quality extension cords are one of the prime causes of fire.
Most importantly, keep your extinguisher handy. Fire extinguishers are more effective than installed fire sprinkler systems. Keep one in the kitchen and place a few in fire-risk areas. Mug up the instructions written on the fire extinguisher and ensure your family members do the same too.
We hope you never face such devastating damage, but prevention is always better than cure, restoration here.