Top Reasons For A Decline In Air Conditioning Efficiency
If you are a novice, it is not recommended that you try to repair your air conditioning system. However, it doesn't take an expert to realize when such a unit is no longer functioning properly.
One of the most typical signs of air conditioner malfunctioning is the feeling of unusually warm air emanating from the vents or just air that is not as cool as it ought to be. Warm air may appear to be a minor thing, but the fact is that if it is not handled promptly, it can be a costly concern down the road.
There are many reasons why cool air is not coming from an air conditioner, and there are many possible repairs that could be necessary. As such, it is best to have a skilled, experienced, and fully licensed technician on-site to assist. Some of the most frequent sources of trouble include:
- Low refrigerant level, which has the ability to allow ice formation on the unit's coils and thus reduce its ability to cool the surroundings.
- Component overheating, which could include the fan motor. If a replacement is needed and not made, the resulting heat produced by the component will be sent into the air, reducing overall system efficiency.
- Duct leaks or breaches, which are known to bring warm air into the system or bring cool air out, both of which cause the overall output to be warmer than it should be.
- Faulty duct insulation, areas of which may be situated near a heat source that is sufficient to warm the air that is ultimately sent out of the system.
- Obstructions in outside vents, which keep warm air trapped in the system and can lead to serious concerns in rapid fashion. To avoid this, you need to ensure that all debris is eliminated from the unit's components well in advance of the warmer months.
Efficiency is critical to a properly functioning air conditioner, and when such a unit cannot produce enough cool air, the load on the system is that much higher. When this occurs, utility bills rise and place a greater burden on every component within the unit, something which can require expensive repairs in the future.
Over time, the problems will continue to accumulate. The air that is blown through the system gets increasingly warmer, the unit is stressed at a higher level, and the sooner a complete breakdown will occur.
As such, you should shut the air conditioner off in order to prevent further damage and get in touch with a skilled repair technician who can assess the issue and provide the necessary solutions. If you are able to do this during the springtime, all the better because you will have sufficient time to get things up and running before the weather really starts to heat up.
If you are sensing that your air conditioning unit is not producing cooled air the way it used to, call an ac repair company to figure out your best options. Once the dog days of summer arrive, you will certainly be glad you did.